HACC's Web Program
The Web Development and Design Associate in Arts degree provides skills and knowledge needed for a rewarding career in designing and developing professional websites and applications. All students gain a foundation in website development and design, various web technologies, multimedia, and effective communication. Students are able to select from one of the following tracks: Web Application Development, Interactive Web Media, or General Web Studies.
Web Application Development
Web Application Development track graduates emphasize their studies on building interactive data-driven web sites and mobile applications
General Web Studies
General Web Studies track graduates are able to develop a mix of design and development skills
Interactive Web Media
Interactive Web Media track graduates are able to focus on making creative content using rich media
HACC's Web Program curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Design high quality web pages for a variety of uses
- Publish websites with effective design and content for various platforms
- Create interactive and multimedia content for web use
- Create programs for both web and mobile applications
- Develop web applications that integrate server programming, databases, and markup languages
- Work individually and as team members on website projects
- Recognize the importance of how specialized training fits into larger management and societal context
- Write and speak effectively
- Appreciate accomplishments in the arts and sciences
HACC's Web Program classes are available at Midtown Center II of HACC in Harrisburg or online.
Graduates may obtain positions with many different businesses, government agencies, and Web consulting firms as Web Developers, Web Designers, Web Interactive Media Specialists, Web Producers, Web Content Writers, Web Application Developers, programmers, and other related positions.